Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Power, love and a sound mind...

So, I've been ranting and raving all night...blah blah blah...I need to quit talking and actually do something about it. And, when I tell myself that, is when I quit talking because it's a scary thought to actually do something...to actually open my mouth and let words out that could reveal alot of stuff from the inward parts (stuff that could potentially be quite obvious to some). It reminds me of part of a Bethany Dillon song:
I want to hide/what's deep in my eyes/I'm scared to be known by you/But when I turn my head/and see you there/I wanna be pursued//Gaze into my eyes/and let me know you'd fight/Thousands, for my love/slip your hand in mine/ask me to dance with you tonight/just ask me for my love//
Ya, that's about where I am right now...
It's hard, and, frankly, it's a bit scary to me.

Then, I am reminded:
"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and a sound mind." ~2 Tim. 1:7
Power, love and a sound mind...so if I live by the word of God and grab a hold of that truth, then there's nothing to be afraid of. There are 366 instances of "Do not fear" in the Bible...I really need one of those right now. Because even though I see the words of 2 Timothy 1:7 in front of me, I'm still not completely grasping the fact that I have that power, love and the sound mind to do all things through Christ who gives me strength. It's that embarrassment/fear of rejection that keeps creeping up into my thought processes. I fail to grab a hold of that and catch on to the blessings of what He has in store for me. But I'm not sure how to get there...maybe it's just taking that leap of faith, stepping out on nothing...to land on something...

Be blessed in the Lord and find power, love and a sound mind in Him,
Jezz

No comments: