So, this rain...it's killing me. I'm just not a fan of the dreariness, the wetness and the dirtiness that results from the rain. Not to mention, the uncontrollable weather-related mood shifts. I hate them...I want to be in a good mood, but the stinkin' sun doesn't shine for a few days, and it's like I don't know what pure joy is. But, the things is, I do know what pure joy is. The emotional/spiritual undulation that results from the gray skies is nothing more than the clouding of my view - the forgetting of what is true and real. You see, when I get like this, I usually am forgetting the fact that the Lord should be the source of my joy. I'm forgetting that He is my strength and my song and that He rejoices over me in singing...that's awesome! Granted, it's still rather difficult for me to get through the dreary days. But to be reminded that there's something (someone) greater than the clouds above me and higher than the heights that seem to close me in...that's when I can be thankful - be joyful.
To not get lost in my puddles of self-pity, self-doubt and yuckiness...
Be blessed today in all you do!
Jezz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment